The Dangerous Women anthology contains following stories:
- Introduction by Gardner Dozois
- “Some Desperado” by Joe Abercrombie - A Red Country story
- “My Heart is Either Broken” by Megan Abbott
- “Nora’s Song” by Cecelia Holland
- “The Hands That Are Not There” by Melinda Snodgrass
- “Bombshells” by Jim Butcher - A Harry Dresden story
- “Raisa Stepanova” by Carrie Vaughn
- “Wrestling Jesus” by Joe R. Lansdale
- “Neighbors” by Megan Lindholm
- “I Know How to Pick ’Em” by Lawrence Block
- “Shadows For Silence in the Forests of Hell” by Brandon Sanderson - A Cosmere story
- “A Queen in Exile” by Sharon Kay Penman
- “The Girl in the Mirror” by Lev Grossman - A Magicians story
- “Second Arabesque, Very Slowly” by Nancy Kress
- “City Lazarus” by Diana Rowland
- “Virgins” by Diana Gabaldon - An Outlander story
- “Hell Hath No Fury” by Sherilynn Kenyon
- “Pronouncing Doom” by S.M. Stirling - An Emberverse story
- “Name the Beast” by Sam Sykes
- “Caretakers” by Pat Cadigan
- “Lies My Mother Told Me” by Caroline Spector - A Wild Cards story
- “The Princess and the Queen” by George R.R. Martin - A Song of Ice and Fire story
Caveat: Megan Lindholm has a story in this book. That's me, wearing a different hat. So perhaps it's not fair for me to review this book or give it five stars.Except that when I read it, I didn't both...
Well... what should I say about this?Dangerous Women is my first fictional anthology. An anthology co-edited by George R.R. Martin and Gardner Dozois, with an intriguing theme and lots of famous autho...
I bought this book for two reasons:1. George R R Martin’s The Princess and the Queen 2. Joe Abercrombie’s Some Desperado I read them straight away. I’ve been reading the rest of the book rather ...
Really disappointed with this book. Had anticipated getting some really good bad-ass women stories and was surprised at how many of the stories barely featured women at all. Several had male protagoni...
Dangerous Women (A Song of Ice and Fire The Princess and the Queen, or,), George R.R. Martin (Editor/Contributor), Gardner Dozois (Editor/Contributor), Carrie Vaughn (Contributor), Lev Gossman, Joe R....
Update 30/12/2014 Virgins by Diana GabaldonBuddy read with Gavin 3 STARS I started reading this novella in August and finished it an hour ago. Strange, eh? It’s 3 hours in audio. Does this ...
A tale of two virgins....Jamie (aka Diego) and Ian (aka Juan) are the titular virgins. The story begins in October, 1740 near Bordeaux, France. Jamie has just arrived from Scotland, delivered by Murta...
I bought this anthology solely for GRRM's short story titled "The Princess and the Queen." My 5 star rating is solely for that short story as it's the only one I've read. Should I read more of the sho...
**only read Virgins by Diana Gabaldon - 4 ★'s** Loved reading about Diego and Juan but it makes me realize there's so much more we don't really know about Jamie. It was hard hearing about his early ...
Cross-genre (fantasy, science fiction, horror, mystery, historical fiction etc.) anthology featuring stories about woman. There are lots of excerpts and reviews to be found at tor.comThe broad range o...